Homeopathy Medicines and Nipah Virus Epidemic
What is Nipah Epidemic?
As per the World Health Organisation (WHO), Nipah Virus is a newly emerging zoonosis that causes a severe disease in both animals and humans. This virus was first identified in Malaysia and Singapore in 1998. At that time, it was primarily caused in pigs and through them got transferred to humans. Nipah Virus infected as many as 265 people then, out of which 40 per cent were taken under intensive care due to the infection having spread severely. As quoted by the WHO, the natural host of the virus are fruit bats of the Pteropodidae Family, Pteropus genus.
The virus can be transferred through infected bats, pigs or humans who have been infected. In 2004, humans who consumed the date palm sap infected by fruit bats, caught the virus as well. Humans who were infected by other humans were reported in Bangladesh and India.
Signs and symptoms of Nipah
Nipah Virus is an airborne transmission infection and can affect those who come in direct contact with contaminated bodies.
Nipah Virus is usually associated with inflammation of the brain due to which severe days of fever can often lead to a state of confusion, disorientation and even persistent drowsiness. If not taken care of, these symptoms can even cause a coma in a span of 24-48 hours. There are many patients who show neurological, respiratory and pulmonary signs as well. Therefore, do not ignore any such signs.
Some common signs and symptoms of NiV are headache, fever, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness and mental issues such as confusion, sore throat, headaches, vomiting. These symptoms can last up to 7-10 days. Watching out for respiratory illness during the early stages is also a must.
How Nipah Virus Spread?
As per the fact sheet about Nipah Virus by the World Health Organization, following are certain facts about the spread of Nipah, quoted verbatim:
- Infected bats shed virus in their excretion and secretion such as saliva, urine, semen and excreta but they are symptomless carriers.
- The NiV is highly contagious among pigs, spread by coughing.
- Direct contact with infected pigs was identified as the predominant mode of transmission in humans when it was first recognized in a large outbreak in Malaysia in 1999.
- Drinking of fresh date palm sap, possibly contaminated by fruit bats (P. giganteus) during the winter season, may have been responsible for indirect transmission of Nipah Virus to humans
- There is circumstantial evidence of human-to-human transmission in India in 2001. During the outbreak in Siliguri, 33 health workers and hospital visitors became ill after exposure to patients hospitalized with Nipah Virus illness, suggesting nosocomial infection.
- During the Bangladesh outbreak the virus is suggested to have been transmitted either directly or indirectly from infected bats to humans.
- Human-to-human transmission of NiV has been reported in recent outbreaks demonstrating a risk of transmission of the virus from infected patients to healthcare workers through contact with infected secretions, excretions, blood or tissues.
How to prevent yourself from Nipah Virus :
- Avoid close (unprotected) physical contact with infected people
- Wear NH95-grade and higher masks
- Wash hands regularly with soap
- Avoid consuming partly eaten fruits or unpasteurized fruit juices
- Avoid being around anima pens
- Boil freshly collected date palm juice before consuming
- Thoroughly wash and peel fruits before consuming
- Maintain your and children’s personal hygiene
- Cover your household properly
Nipah Virus and Homeopathy
Homeopathy has played a very important role in prevention of epidemic diseases like Jpanees encephalitis. Homeopathy can certainly help in prevention and controlling the epidemic caused by nipah virus. After studying the symptoms of the patients here are the probable Genus Epidemicus :
Where there is intense redness of face. The face is hot red and flushed. The mouth remains dry and patient does not want much water and thrust is not marked. The tongue is red on edges. The fever is usually high grade and comes with a degree of suddenness and violence. Throbbing pain in head may also be present. The headache is worse by any motion, noise, light and is better by pressure.
Marked absence of thirst. There is heat in part of the body and coldness in other parts of body. One part of the body may perspire while other remain dry. There may be respiratory troubles along with fever.
Intense thirst for cold water. when the water turns warm it is vomited. There is sensation of heat or burning all over the body. Chill prevails in the evening time. At times patient feels very hungry during fever.
It can give miraculous results if drowsiness and dullness is present with high fever and confusion of mind.
The tongue is red and cracked. It is coated all over except a triangular space at front which forms a red triangular tip. There is a pain in the head as if a board is strapped to the forehead.
For more information on how homeopathy can help you in prevention of nipah virus call us or write to us. Homeopathy helps in improving your immunity and making you strong to fight the diseases. Homeopathy is without any side effects. Login to consult expert homeopaths and get door step delivery of medicines.